Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Goat Likes Them

HELLO!

How is my family doing? I see that Brayden got my email haha. It sounds like you are all just chilling having a good time down there. I can tell you that we are doing some work down here haha. It’s just stinks that not a lot is coming from it. I’ve just grown to love my P days haha and Love the people that are nice to you. I don’t care what religion you are, the people that are nice are the ones that you remember. There are a few ladies that take good care of us. One is this lady names Ruthie. She’s catholic and she is the best person that I’ve met here in Alabama. If she doesn’t go to heaven I don’t know who is. She has been taking care of the missionaries for a long time haha.

I almost forgot, I miss ya family. Mom dad you’re all so good to me. That’s for the letters you send every week there sooo good. And you too Shea. I love reading them and about what’s going on in all yalls weeks. There are so many people, that think were Jehovah witness, it just makes me laugh when we’re standing at the door and someone yells. "OMG ITS THE JEHOVES WITNESS MOM!!!!!!" and the door locks and they walk away hahahahah. It’s one of those things where you just walk away but you can’t stop yourself from laughing.

But ya I love you family. Also ya if you see anyone at reams tell us to email me just like a one sentence message like "what’s up thug" and I’ll be happy haha. I don’t think I told anyone down there what my email was so that would be nice.

I guess that I have to finish the story about the totem pole story. We didn’t go back to the place after they had been super creep to us, but we got the number of the lady that we wanted to call. So when we got back to the house we decided to call them the next day. When we called her the phone call went something like this. "Hello", "Hey it’s the missionaries", "click" so that kind of ended all of our relations with her. So we decided that she was not that interested. That’s kind of how the that week ended.

To start off this week it was super fun. Once again the 2 appointments that we had set up fell through so we ended up tracked for about 3 hours. While we were tracking we starting walking up to this house. When we started walking up we could see that something was on top of this person’s car. We were both super confused but as we started to walk closer we started to see that it was no something like an object, but it was something. As we started getting closer we see this "Goat" stand up onto of this car. by now me and Elder Vincent are looking at each other, and are trying to get out our cameras super fast so that we could get a good picture but it jumps off the car and starts walking over too us.

By now were starting to get a little worried because we could see it lower its head like it was going to charge us or something, so were trying to hide behind trees and such and it keeps getting closer and closer. It doesn’t look like it’s going to charge at us so I like peek my head around the corner to try and see it better and it starts to lower its head again, but I just held my hand out to it like a dog. AND IT COMES UP. Just like a dog. So I was like what the heck and started to pet it haha. Turns out it was a super nice goat. But we were like, O CRAP are people here? We didn’t want them to see us like messing around taking pictures with their goat haha. So we like quickly ran up to the front door and gave it a good knocking.

Lucky for us no one was there so we then started to take some pictures with our new "Goat" of a friend. Haha he was a super nice goat I’ll say that right now. That was I think the best part of the week. All jokes aside this week had been super hard. We were able to play some night games with some members the other day. Which I don’t know how or what you can and can’t do it was but it was nice to just hang out for a second & get to know the people a little bit better. But that was super nice to be able to do was just hang out get to know them a little more. The members at least.

As far as getting to know new investigators, its hard I think from the time I have got to Alabama to now we have set about 80 to 90 appointments, and we were able to get back in with the the people 0 times. It sucks to be straight up honest. I’m not too bummed out about it but its super hard down here. No one wants to talk to you. If you do get to talk to someone for a good minute or so they never get back to you. It’s been super hard but at the same time I don’t mind it so much. I don’t know how well Elder Vincent is taken it but for me I don’t care how many people we get to teach or how low or high our numbers are. I just want to get in and "TALK" with people. Not  saying that I don’t want to teach people, but here in the south,  or right where I’m at you don’t do a whole lot of teaching. Everyone here goes to some sort of church. EVERYONE, and there dog.

I just hope that when I leave the other missionaries will not get so down. I don’t care that we are not getting any work. We try and see people from when we leave at 10 to when we come home at 9 were out trying to see people.  One of the things that I love doing here is just being able to play an hour of good basketball on Wednesday nights with all the neighborhood black friends. There all just super funny to talk to and to get to know. This week a new black person came named.... Mayo? But he’s a super funny guy. He was like "Sup Vincent and you are?" I’m just like "Elder Aldana." he just looks at me like. "What did this white guy just say????" he goes on and is like can I call you Stretch. They get me to crack up more than when we just talk about life.

I love the people here, there not very receptive to the gospel but there all good people. I wouldn’t mind spending a good amount of time here. Now more about Leo? He’s the one with the super marked up bible. I’ve been told from the elders teaching him that he’s going to be baptized in about 2 weeks haha. I’m super happy for him, I think that he was a super elect person and a one in a million find. But I’m not satisfied. He learned for himself what was right. He had done all the missionary work himself. I want to find someone. And be there when they start to understand a little bit more about the gospel. I want to be able to teach them the best I can and be able help them understand what they need to do to find out for themselves.

I don’t want to say that I know a whole lot about the gospel, I DON'T know a lot about the gospel. I know very little about it, But I do know some about the gospel. I’m frustrated that I didn’t get to know it more before I came out here but it is what it is. I’m just trying to learn all that I can before I go home. I know that it’s not what you know. It’s the effort that you put in that counts. And we try so hard to get as much work as we can a day. I can’t say that I know but I hope that all the work that we are doing is going to pay off, if not for us, then for the next group that comes in.


Elder Stretch.


                                                            The goat that we met 



               I'm going to print off this and put in my companions BOM one of these days. 
                                    That's what I did on P day when he was sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment