Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, February 2, 2015

This week was soooooo crazy/scary and just like freaky!

FAMILY. :)

Well I guess to start off this week it was soooooo crazy/scary and just like freaky! But ya so we were just enjoying our p day and cleaning up the house a little bit, and the sisters call us and were like we have a referral for y'all if you want to go and look it up that would be sweet because we can't find the address. So the address was close to this other house that we were going to be at that night so we decided that we were just going to try and find it while we were down there. We finished talking with these 2 kids, both recent converts and they were just like funny. The boy, he's 15, he was talking about avatar and this other Japanese anime. I was just like OOOOMMMMMGGGGG you're so cool lets talk about how cool anime is and like party hardy!! He was getting all excited too, and was saying something like "OMG ELDER TALL YOU like ANIME!!!!!!!!" It was super fun, haha, but anyway we finished talking to them and go looking for the house that was supposedly just down the road a little ways from where we were. But um it was about 8:30ish at night and we start driving down the road looking for their house. We would normally be on bikes but my companions bike is in the shop for the last 10ish days........ anyways we pull up to the house, and we see these 2 HUGE TOTEM POLES!!!!! Like legit ones, they were probably about 30 to 40 feet tall, and they're on both sides of the road when you pull in. 

Me and my companion just like look at each other and were like so do we want to do this? Lets pray first!  We start praying and we open the door after we finish, and there's like 4 people on the porch like 30 feet away from us just looking at us under this one light. IT WAS SOOO SCARY, and then to make it even better about 5 feet away from us we hear someone yell at us. WHAT DO YOU WANT?! haha I was so scared and my companion was like "We're just missionaries looking for an Amber." He's like "No she's at work try again some other time." We took the hint and jumped back into the car and start pulling away, and we see the guy that yelled at us like hunch over and run back into the house and everyone else like runs back inside. We both start pulling away in silence for about 30 seconds, then we both look at each other and were like I WAS SOOOOO SCARED!!!!!!!!!!. We decided not to go back at night to that house. 

We asked the kids that we were teaching that live next to them like what's with totem poles? They were like WAIT, you went over to there house at night?? You're crazy! He like shoots people that come over at night.... So the Gospel is real haha. That's how we started our week. That was like one of the scary things that happened this week but whenever theres something scary theres something super good. We were able to go on exchanges this week, and I got to swap with our zone leaders. I wasn't super excited because I was able to go on a half day exchange the day before and we did nothing for a whole half day so I was kind of bummed out, but I was still ready to work and do anything that we could. Anyway me and my zone leader pull up to the apartments that they're staying at and we wave to some people that are also walking into their houses. This one fellow stops us and asks us "You're the missionaries right?" Needless to say were super pumped because no one asks us if we're the missionaries, they just know and avoid us. We start talking and he tells us that he wants to know more about our church and has been looking for a church to go to. It was just like something out of a cheesy roll-play but we start talking to him and he's like ya I've been looking for a church that I can go to and learn from someone.  He then went on to show us his bible that is FULL of marking and tags when he has had questions and gone to pray and then read to find out about what he should do. 

I just sat there dumbfounded, like is this REALLY happening? He then went on to tell us that he had gone to the Baptist church, Catholic & Protestant. He didn't like them, he said they made him feel good I guess, but he was missing that spirit that comes from it. I just can't even write how ready this fellow was. I was just amazed that he had converted himself without even knowing it. Miracles do happen. I realise here in the short time that I've been here that you don't pray for miracles on your mission. Miracles happen everyday. I pray to be able to see the miracles in the week. 

One other thing that happened this week is that we were tracking and we haven't had any sit down lessons since I've been here and it kind of stinks. We decided that we were going to get a sit down lesson no matter what that day. We go to the next house right next door. and the lady named Consuela and she just invites us in and wants to know about the Gospel. CRAZY!!!!!! anyway its so good out here haha

um ya its great down here.Tthanks for the calender, I love it and those CADBERRY EGGS.. YUM!!!!! thanks so much! Its getting cold out here. Every time I tell someone that I've only been out for about 2 weeks and love it they say. "Bless your heart, boy y'all crazy" so its going to be a fun summer haha

I'll send some pictures for y'all so you can see how much fun its down here. Here's a little about my house - our kitchen "was" a huge mess but its all cleaned up. That's what I walked into on my first day here. I was not happy. You can also see the HUGE cockroaches, I HATE THEM! If Satan was on earth it would be in the form of a cockroach. I forgot to tell you I think but we live right in the middle of 3 cemeteries so that's fun. haha Our neighbor to the left of our house is a funeral home so you could says its dead quiet around here at night. Its scary.

love you all lots. thank for the emails they're so good. 
Elder Aldana

P.S. tell braden he stinks and smells, and hes not going to be 6'4 hahahahahaha.





1 comment:

  1. Despite of all the crazy, scary, and freaky things, it seems like you guys had some fun. Your encounter with those four guys under the light was pretty scary though. And the cockroaches, they are the worst! They’re really creepy, and they are probably one of the dirtiest bugs that could live in your house. Anyway, I’m glad you finally got rid of them. Thanks for sharing this with us. All the best!


    Alta Peng @ Liberty Pest

    ReplyDelete