Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Well this week was great..!!!

Well this week was great..!!! It was just a lot of riding up and down but at the end of the week I’m super pumped and ready to go back out there and work as a missionary. All the last 4/5 weeks so far have been super hard down here. It’s a super small town, everyone knows who we are, and most people just don't want to talk with us. But by the end of the day it was more I just didn't feel very good and my companion didn't either so we just wanted to stay inside. We had been going out for a little bit ever now and then but for the most part we had about 3 hours we had to kill every day and we did from the house. Talking, studies, lying around. It was a long and not so fun last 4 weeks.

Tuesday we were able to go to Zone Conference where we were able to get some super good training and got to hear from President Hanks. After sitting down and talking with him for a little bit he said something that punched me right in the face. He was talking and he was like "you got about 8 "may we teach yous" last week that stinks. I know you guys can do better than that" I've never wanted to stop a conversation and leave more in my entire life. These last few weeks we were not working as hard as we could and my President knew it, and I knew it. I then committed that I was never going to make an excuse or use anything that was slowing me down to try and justify me doing poorly.

Later that day President Hanks went on to give a super good training on NO Excuses. He offered A-Z of reasons not  to go out and do missionary work. All super real, but were all still excuses. I was thinking super hard about that and he gave us a quote "any excuse for non-performance valid or not weakens character" I think that this is 100% true. I decided that day that I as no more going to give any reasons to not be working as hard as I could in whatever area I was in. The rest of this week has been some of the best times I've had here in the last 4 weeks. Not that we were doing much better, but the mood that I was in was just so much better. I've been way more happy here the last few days even when we have a hard day than I have when I've only gone out for a little and had fun at home. If there's one thing that's true to missionaries, the more obedient you are to the mission, the happier you’re going to be as a missionary.

 A funny story this week. We were teaching this less active lady named Sister C. SHES SOOOO FUNNY. And we were reading the Book of Mormon with her and all of a sudden she just busts up laughing. We’re both sitting there looking at each other like... "What’s so funny?" Sister C. then goes on to tell us a story from yesterday that she was sitting in her house because it was super hot, and she had her fan going on. Her sister let her dog out and it had wandered into her house and walked over by the fan, and started to pee on the fan, blowing all the pee into Sister C. and she was telling us she saw everything happening but she was too slow to yell at the dog until the pee had flown onto her. haha she then had to chase the dog out of her house and call her sister and explain what had happened.

I haven't laughed more in my entire life then when I was listening to this super nice lady tell me what had happened to her. Alabama sure is a trip, the people here are some of the best people that you are ever going to meet. And as I've set a goal to talk to as many people as I come in contact with. I've found a better peace in my life and a better mood as I go about the day. I’m still worried about next week because that's transfers and I don't know what's going to happen. I know that if I had any other companion then Elder Anderson I might have gone crazy by now. But I know everything is just much better when I get up on time. Get to sit down and study for a few hours, and go out all day or as long as I can. Camden Is SMALL, but I’m in love with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment