Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It’s only JUNE, we're in for a hot summer

It sounds like everything is moving along just as well over there on that side of the world as it should be. I just hope y'all are not all getting washed away with all the rain that we have been getting the last few weeks. Down here it’s a little different, because it rains all night, and then in the morning the sun comes out and it gets SUPER humid outside. A few days ago we were out bike tracking and I swear by the time you start riding, and you get down the gravel, you’re already starting to sweat. And it’s only JUNE, we're in for a hot summer haha.

But on a better note THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISH. I was just thinking about it, and was like WAIT!!!!. It’s my birthday this week, yaaaa I’m so old. but then I remembered it was just on a Friday so we were going to be doing the same thing anyway, but next P-day were going to have a party of something fun. Who knows, I’ll have to send you some pictures home from the last few weeks. They have been some fun few weeks. We skinned a snake. We played some super fun street-ball with the kids in Selma. Got a picture with an alligator. Found this super middle of no where place called Coy. Where the typical conversation goes something like this. "Hi I’m Elder Aldana"..... "I'm Martavious... don't go next door there’s a crack head..." and we move on haha. It’s a trip but I love it.

Last week was a super good week. Elder Anderson and I are working together much better than we were the last week or so. We have been getting out of the house a lot more, and are able to really go around and work in Camden. We have been having a lot of what we call T.O.A.S.T. situations. TOAST is Take Over Awkward Situations Toast. It’s something we try and use a lot when we "Teach where we find." What I mean by that is most of the time the people that we get to see are in- Parking lots, Windows, and Doorsteps. For the most part you just have to start planning on teaching everyone that you see. Not just the people that you want to.

Something SUPER cool happen this week, we were riding our bikes super far down this road called hi28, and we had been riding a good bit. I would guess we were about 7 miles away from home. We had just finished teaching a lesson, to this fellow that had pulled into his driveway right as we were leaving. We're at the top of the dirt hill about to pull back onto the road when we looked up. I KNEW we were going to get soaking wet before we got even close to our house. So I was kind of bummed out, because I hate getting soaking wet.

All of a sudden this man pulls down the dirt road and stops us, he’s an older fellow. He gets out of his truck doesn’t really say anything, but kind of looks over and gives us this super nice/ crooked smile. Shakes our hand says, "Hey I’m Glen, how are you guys doing?" this guy was just one of the best people that I’ve ever met. He was I think about 65 years old, he would drive to different states and just walk around. He lived in this trailer way out in the middle of nowhere. He was just sooooooo cool. He just invited us to come on over anytime, and then says throw your bikes in the truck, I’ll take ya home.

It was just a really good experience for me. We were not only able to see someone that we had not ever met, but it was also just a super good feeling that this man Glen brought with him. We haven't been able to see him again because he was driving up to Michigan to walk around everywhere, but I can’t wait to get to see him again. He’s super cool, he's just awesome.

The work down here is good. We are able to go out and see a lot of people. This week we were able to have a second lesson with this lady named Lekisha. She’s the first lady that we have been able to have 2 lessons with, so we're super excited. We’re hoping to stop by this Thursday again and try and teach her again, she’s a really awesome lady also. She lives in this trailer with her husband and her 2 year old girl. We’re both just really excited to be able to go see her again. She’s very nice and always welcomes us.

Anyway, I love this place. I feel like I fit right on in with everyone. Once I started talking about 50% slower I was basically part of the family down here. I miss you guys sooo much, love ya lots. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE BIRTHDAY VIDEO.


Love Elder Landon Aldana

No comments:

Post a Comment