Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, June 22, 2015

the secret to why all of the food down in the south is so great


 
I guess I have started to learn a little bit more about Alabama now so I’ll give you a little bit of what I’ve learned, this week was a lot of tracking and we only met a few people but I’ll give you some stories anyway that I hope you can learn if you ever decide to come down here.

This week was a very good week; it was the first time that we had gone fishing on p-pay. One of the members was asking us if we wanted to come catch some fish in his pond in his backyard. It was a lot of fun to get out and relax and catch some fish. We were fishing for "brim?" We were using this GIANT bamboo rod that was about 15 feet long. You would put a cricket on it and plop it in the pond. We had a lot of fun.

I have also discovered the secret to why all of the food down in the south is so great. The trick is that you have to wrap everything in bacon....... EVERYTHING. We had green beans wrapped in bacon, chicken, and Jalapeños it just gives everything a little bit better of a taste...... and makes you a little bit bigger.

Black people are HILARIOUS!!! Not only do they just have a great sense of humor, but there just have so much energy, there not afraid of what people with think or say so you can just have a lot of fun and be yourself around them. I’ve met some of my best friends down here in just a short little while getting to know them.

From our mission president we got some quote from other missionary's, from what they had said about their area. THEY ARE PERFECT for describing the church and just the place down here. They make me laugh every time I read them because of how true they are. Here my favorite ones. Just to give you an idea. :)

       "In the Bible it says that Jesus was olive skinned. There are only two types of olives, green and black, and Jesus definitely wasn't green." How could I argue with that logic?

      Priesthood meeting was one of those Southern moments where the first 15 minutes was talking about guns. 

     You know you're in the South when you see a chicken on the other side of the road and a farmer with no shirt on wearing a straw hat comes running up to you yelling; "Ma chicken got loose! Help me get ma chicken fer me! Gonna eat that dern thing fer dinner tonight I'm so mad!"

I love this place, if I had to move down here I don't think I would be super pumped but it does have some of the best moments for sure. I’m super glad that I’m able to be here, the church is true. God is moving the work forward every day. P.S. Happy father’s day pop, love you.

love you guys
Elder Aldana




No comments:

Post a Comment