Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Thursday, July 16, 2015

My new companion Elder Whetton is a boss!

Well from what I saw looks like you guy were really throwing a party..... Hope y'all are sore for a little bit. :) It looked like a lot of fun. It was good to see some pictures of everyone. And speaking of pictures y'all should be getting my SIM card. It doesn't have a ton of pictures on it but it has a few. I've taken quite a bit more just because we have spent a lot of time on of bikes down here and it’s easy to just ride with no hand and take a picture as you ride past haha. So I got a few pictures down in the country where we spend a good bit of our time.

Well this week has been CRAZY, My new companion Elder Whetton is a boss! He’s from Snowflake Arizona, (first companion not from Utah Woot Woot) but he’s a super solid guy, he’s been out about 20 months now so he’s a super old man. But he just came from a fairly big city and now he’s in one of the most country parts of the mission so I think he’s having a good time haha. We have been doing some work the last few days, and its soooo hot

So here’s my one problem with the south. So it’s super-hot right..... And you just get soaked, head to toe you're just wet, and that's alright it’s not the worst thing, but the worst part is when were out tracking we get soaked all the time, but we see a lot of people (inside), where it’s cool. So then all your sweat starts to dry and you get super damp. Then you have to go back outside and it’s like this nasty reheated sweat mixed with new sweat and it’s just a mess.

So the lesson we have learned, it’s better to just get super wet and stay wet, or if you can just stay dry, but going from one to the other like 10 times a day...... that's just silly haha but that's the only thing that I don't like down here. Everything else is just great. Nothing is better than the country life, and it’s just the normal now.

We were talking yesterday, Elder Whetton and me, about how great the country is. (Bullet holes in EVER sign, beer cans EVERYWHERE, just super trashy country ghetto.) But I’ve only been there so it’s just all I know. But we were talking about what might happen and if I were to go to a city. I don't want a big city any time soon haha. I’ve just grown so use to how everything is down here. It’s just Alabama to me now. Its home! I just get kind of sad when I don't see stop signs knocked over or shot.

The work here is going alright; we have been doing a lot of tracking and talking with people and just going outside all day. We are hoping to teach some people later this week but for the most part we haven't got past a first lesson with anyone. ummm its going pretty well with the community though I really love the people down here. They’re just fantastic and the best people that you will ever meet.

But anyway were going up to Montgomery today for a zone party and then back up on Thursday for our interviews with the president so were pumped, then back up to Selma on Friday and we will most likely spend the night in Magnolia so it’s going to be a crazy week but it should be a lot of fun

Love y'all thanks so much for the pictures

Elder Landon ALdana 


















No comments:

Post a Comment