Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

It rains like it’s no one’s business

Grandma's the big 8 0 !!!!

For someone as young as that she should be jumping on the tramp with everyone haha. Grandma would fit in super well down here. I’ve become more and more convinced that the people down here in the south, they just live longer and look younger. The other day we were talking with a lady that was 78 and I had no idea, or there’s another lady whose like 83 I think, I just don't think the people age down here. The world just moves on without them and they can stay how they want down here.

Or how I was telling you when you come down here you go back in time. I think the people just lived longer back in the day where I’m at right now. My new companion Elder Whetton and I were talking with someone the other day and they were like. “Don’t you just love how you go back in time down here"? I was like “I KNEWWWW IT!!!!! " you really do just go back in time about 30 years or so and that's where I’m at right now. It’s fantastic to walk around and just see everyone sitting on their porch, everyone lets you in and your family, everyone asks you if you want water, or the  bathroom. It’s a really great place down here. I guess that's the best part about being in a small town.

This week we had interview with our mission President. It went super well, I really had a great time with him. We were talking and President Hanks says something like, "I remember the first day you came out, you did not like me at all" , " you were guns blazing ready to shoot anyone that got in your way"..... Man I’m a dork!! But we just laughed and talked a lot about just everything I guess. It was really nice just to be able to sit down and talk with him for a little bit. I like him a lot. I hope one day I can have the same presence that President Hanks has on people like me.

...... It’s so hot down here hahaha. Today the "Real Feel" is 106* and boy o boy does it feel like it haha. We got soaked yesterday from the 30 seconds of rain, but then it was a really nice overcast for the rest of the day and it stayed about 80* but boy does it rain here. It rains like it’s no one’s business. And I think it’s supposed to rain again here. So I've just given up and trying to stay dry and keep my cloths nice. ITS IMPOSIBLE! I hope that it cools of a little, no one likes to play street ball when its 105*

This week we were able to see a fellow named Vern, I’m so excited about Vern. he’s the first person vie met in Camden whose read from the Book or Mormon and I’ve been able to see again. We met Vern while we were tracking in town he was just sitting on his porch and we went up and were talking with him and started teaching the 1st lesson, it went SUPer good and he said he would reed but, that doesn’t always happen. But he DID!! It was super great. We’re hoping to see him again this Tuesday and start the 2nd lesson, he’s a very nice guy and really just wants to be the best person that he can for his son.

I was thinking a little bit about outside of Camden because Elder Whetton came from a bigger city, and I was thinking about if I had been to a big city ever. I like don't even know what I would do if I get put into a big city, my whole mission I’ve been in what we call Country Ghetto. Just super spread out super trashy and just like... I don't know it’s just home now. Shot up signs beer cans everywhere, and I just like really don't want to leave the country. I’ve really grown to love these small towns that I’ve been in and just really loved working with the people in them. I don't know. It’s really hard out here.

I’ve had a really hard time just understanding God. I feel like I kind of understand Jesus, and I’ve so thankful for everything he’s done. I just feel like I really know Jesus, but I don't know God very much. These last few days I’ve really just thought about what I feel about God, I believe he loves me. That he's just like Jesus. I believe he watches over me, answers my prayers, but I’m still very unfamiliar with Him. I believe as I come to know Jesus Christ more ill know my Heavenly Father more. The more time I spent searching for him the better ill understand him I think.

I love y'all a bunch I’m still alive down here!

Elder Aldana



No comments:

Post a Comment