Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Down here family is SUPER important

  Well..... I don't know where to start off haha. It’s been a weird week, it’s just been a really hard month, I think this week is one of the first weeks that I've really just like almost been depressed, but more angry and we can’t work super hard then sad. I guess I just need to get out of the small town for a little bit haha. Our district is really taking off but here in Camden were still having a really hard time getting to see anyone more than once.
   I think that the thing that's been on my mind the most is that there’s just not a whole lot of work to do down here. It’s super small I’ve met everyone in every house of the street in our main city and we don't really have anyway to get out of town. But I tell you what, I can hold a conversation on anything for as long as I want now. haha I can talk about anything from A to Z and really just get to have fun with random people and you just have to have fun anywhere you are or I would be going crazy.
   Some of the things that I’ve really tried to learn here is just like mind over body, or like self-mastery. Camden is a very mental place, you really have to force yourself to remember who you are and what you’re doing. You have to keep yourself motivated and can’t get in a slump. if you get super depressed down here there's nothing to really go do to just be outside... you can’t tracked all day, or go try and see a bunch of new people. You have to wake yourself up and re motivate yourself.
   I’ve really grown to love Christianity in general, there are a TON of churches in Alabama, (Just FYI) and there’s a TON of Bibles and Stories and Interpretations but we all share one common thing. Being a good person. Everyone down here strives to be the best people that they can and just help out anyone that they can. I’ve really had a good time working down here and getting to see the different people and the different religions.
   This week we are going to be heading up to Montgomery and that should be fun. My guess is that we’re going to spend the night up there so well have to see how that goes. We’re going to have a zone training up there so it should be a good learning and such.
   It’s still hot.... ooooo its soo hot haha. It’s just nasty hot at this point. You wake up, go outside and your soaked.... and all day your wet, so I come home shower change and its all good. But it’s getting really hot. These people are crazy, I don't know why anyone would want to live our here. Everyone likes there family.
   I guess that's the biggest thing I’ve learned here. Down here family is SUPER important, like if you don't have family down here there's no reason to be down here. I think a lot about how my family is doing down here. people ask us all the time about people back home so it’s weird thinking that everyone has been moving on in life the last 2 years haha. It’s going to be super weird coming home and seeing the changes.
Love you all it’s been a crazy ride so far haha

Elder Aldana

No comments:

Post a Comment