Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, August 24, 2015

Football season is starting up!

Football season is starting up! It’s getting to be a really interesting time down here. I’ve heard so many stories about football in Alabama and I’m going to be here for it and I’m super excited. For y'all that don't understand, there’s 2 HUGE teams down here. Alabama, and Auburn and both are about as big as the Christian religion down here. Alabama and Auburn are also Super big rivals, you have to pick a side. I've heard many a story that down here when the football season starts tracting gets super fun, half the people will kill you for interrupting the game. I'm super excited to see what’s going to happen haha. But that's just part of Alabama!

Think week has been a good week. It’s been a wet week.... we have had thunderstorms for weeks it feels like. You just put all of your stuff in little bags and hope for the best, if it ever gets really bad you just camp out on someone's porch for a little bit, unless they let you in haha. We have been able to see a lot of different people because everyone asks us if we want a ride. I would bet 4/10 people ask us if we would like a ride even when it’s not raining. It’s even weirder when you know like half the people so they stop ask if you want a ride, most of the time we don't need a ride, so you just start talking with them in the middle of the road about who knows what.

Later on in the week we were going over to see a lady that we have been trying to get in contact with for a little while now but she hasn't been up to it the last few times. This week as we were coming over we met for the second time a really nice fellow. They were having a big ol party and there was about 10 guys all drinking and smoking, having a good ol BBQ. So we went over and started talking with them just about whatever they wanted to talk about. Or even just let them talk to us. 

They gave us some of their BBQ, and we showed them a few magic tricks and parted ways. There are a few sayings down here that just make me really happy and you hear them all the time, one of them is when people are drinking and you come up to them. They always say "Not today, sorry guys, but I’m drinking. Come back tomorrow" it’s just a really nice way of saying, sorry boys we're not interested haha. They use that one a lot or "sorry were Baptist", or "don't worry I’m saved I've found Jesus" all of them really just mean, we're not interested. The people will still talk with you and are super nice, but they don't want to talk about Mormons and stuff.

This week were transfers so there are 2 new Elders in the District, one of them came out with me. He’s from South Africa and we're super good friends so I’m excited to get to work with him for the next little bit. The other one is from Delaware; we have a good ol time all together. We’re a good mix match of personalities and we have a good time together. we try and play street ball on Mondays with them and the Elder from South Africa is 6'5 and I’m 6'4 and Elder Whetton is 6'3 so we all look like freaks when we come out to play with them haha.

I've been doing good down here, the people are really good to us. Thanks for all of the support y'all give me. I'M SUPER PUMPED that Grant is going on a mission!! He’s going to have a blast out there in Japan. I’m super excited Andy leaves there in about a week also, thery're both going to rock it in their areas. I also sent my SIM card home today so y'all should have some pictures off that. I love you guys, keep praying for us,

Love Elder Landon Aldana

No comments:

Post a Comment