Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, March 21, 2016

it's amazing to hear about so much good still in the world

What an amazing story back home, it's amazing to hear about so much good still in the world. It reminds me a lot of the hoods and the ghettos, the people are just born into hard places. they are used to run drugs from the time there 10 11, no one knows their dads. The people are killed at young ages. Its hard for me to think about how God must feel. I feel that I have started to understand God much more as i have come on my mission. That ive started to understand more of how God feels, why he does things. 

“And it came to pass that the God of heaven looked upon the residue of the people, and he wept; and Enoch bore record of it, saying… How is it that thou canst weep…? The Lord said unto Enoch: Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own hands, and I gave unto them their knowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden, gave I unto man his agency; And unto thy brethren have I … given commandment, that they should love one another, and … choose me…; but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood.” (Moses 7:28-29, 32-33)

I used to think how can someone like God a perfect God cry. I understand the crying is not always a sign of weakness. I have come to see that showing compassion and love often also bring tears. I think crying is a sign of deep love and is often a sign of deep emotional feelings. It's one of the few ways I think we can really show people that we care about them, and for them. I think to myself, How often has God looked down on me with tears for my mistakes? how often does God rejoice with me? 

thinking questions like this is really a big motivator for me. what do I want to be remembered as? If I only think about me... how many people go about everyday comforted. This week we have talked a lot about being Leaders. One thing i believe a good leader has is that they Strive to bring everyone with them. We push others to be better. I love to hear story's about those being helped not out of obligation, but out of love. If you could sum up Gods gospel in one word it would be "love" let us all look outside and love others out of love more.. we all could use more love in our life, its something I think were going to be working on our entire lives. 

transfers are this week. Elder Ihasz is going to be leaving me... I'm very excited to see how the new transfer goes. 
I love y'all. Keep changing the world!!!!!
Elder Landon ALdana

No comments:

Post a Comment