Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Self-Mastery Is something that has been on my mind

I looks like a lot has been going on back at home with everyone. This week was transfers, ill be staying here in Weatherly. my new companion is named Elder Whetton. He is from Saratoga Springs. Hes a great guy, we have been getting along very well. Hes Super good at the piano, and composes a little music here and there. Hes 22, so you could say hes a grandpa for the most part :P. He's been out about 5 months now, so hes just getting on his feat and everything. We both have a ton of stuff to learn from one another, It's going to be a great next few weeks I think.

I don't really have thinking really crazy coming to mind about what to write so i thought i would share a little bit about what i have been studying these last few days, Self-Mastery Is something that has been on my mind for a little bit. Being able to have full control over our Bodys and Minds. Understanding what drives me, what makes me to what i do. What i have done in the past that now has a HUGE influence on what i do now in the future. I have really started to see that everything is about control over what we think and what we have done. 

Over these last few months i have seen that the "NATURAL MAN" {Mosiah 3:19}... I think. I really our own human nature. Have we not all wanted more then we had, we all have our own guilty pleasures, we "All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God" So as I have been thinking about self mastery. Really all it is to me is just Trying to be Christian people. As we try to be more like Jesus Christ we change our self control. Our desires are no more about what we want now! but what we want in the future. Our actions are changed as we think. "would Christ be doing this" and we would think more about why we feel bad about sinning. we lose control of our own choice to do something we want NOW, and we give up want we want in the Future. 

A quote that I have found really sums up Self-mastery is this " Never give up something you want MOST, for something that you want NOW." Something that i have really been working on is looking to the future, Is what im doing helping me NOW, or Helping forever! I hope we all realize we fall and fail a LOT, so trust in God. Its only "natural" to fall to our own carnal desires. His grace is for us all as we reach out for him he will "Snatch us" and hold us up as we lean on him and take up with yoke. 

I love all y'all, i hope this week is as good as mine will be!!

LOVE Elder Aldana

No comments:

Post a Comment