Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, April 11, 2016

Its been a Hard year, its been really cool to see how far I've come

Family!!!.... and any other???

I've been thinking about what to write this week, nothing too crazy has really come to mind about whats been happening with us this week. Elder Whetton and I have been getting along super well, everything here has been about the same. Nothing too crazy has been going on, we are working with Sister Jamie (who was baptized about 3 weeks ago) and just keeping on doing a lot of finding. Trying to come up with new ideas or something that we can do different to find people. We just have been trying our best to keep on working our best. We had a little Kick start this week and are committed to push ourselves a little bit harder! We have asked the Lord a lot, so i guess we better be willing to give the Lord ALL we have!

This week I made a goal that I wanted to read the Prophets again in the Bible (for the most part) But there are a few Verses that have been kind of sticking out to me the last day or two. Philippians 4:11-12 and Hosea 6:1 Both talk about God pushing us to be the better and to be worse. I like to think God makes us change, and we have to deal with it. We can get all upset and get mad at him, OR we can take it and try again. Pick ourselves up and get moving because God has called us to step up. We should be "Content" with God.

I think some of the days were we have really mixed things up the most is when we get stuck doing the same thing, or we just get comfortable with where we are at. I don't really like that, when i get comfortable i get lazy. I don't push myself as hard. It's easy to say "well I can't do that" most of the time because I can't, and sometimes we shouldn't. We need to have Faith in God! As Philippians 4:13 goes on to say "We can to all things threw Christ" Even change when no change looks like its needed. 

I've really come to enjoy getting pushed to do better by others, when I'm asked to step up I Hate/Love it. In a training a little while back we talked about Expecting More, but letting others see they are trying their best. It's Sooo true, we all need to be pushed a little bit. We don't like it because its change, but in the end we can look back and see just how much we really did need it. These next few weeks were committed to step up and push ourselves a little bit out of our comfort zone. Keep us in your prayers haha. 

Its been a Hard year, but looking back its been really cool to see how far I've come, Its also amazing to me to see how far i have to go... Like! striving to be Perfect... who knew it could be so hard but fun at the same time. Alabama is good as always, still some hard-headed punks but i love em all! Hope everyone has a good week!

Elder Landon Aldana!

P.S. Congrats to Truman and Sabrina!!
Steadfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment