Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, April 4, 2016

What a good week its been, some good food for thought, if any of y'all are keeping up with the weather here. (Looks like dad was haha). we were very lucky to avoid a Tornado that was going to basically Hit right on us. One was suppose to hit Huntsville and its path was right down our road. we were safe in our neighbors bathroom with all of them. Lucky for us nothing really happened, But Its was scary to think I was going to get to witness a tornado first hand. Everything has been going really well. 

I dont know if any of y'all know our mission... we have a vision here. more like what we want for every missionary here. We are Disciples of Jesus Christ, We Know our purpose, We are Steadfast in Christ Love of God, Love of Man, and we Teach Baptize and Retain. but the two things that really have stuck with me is becoming a Disciple and Being Steadfast in Christ. 

One). I dont know if it's been coming up more or if i have just started to notice it more, but everyone talks about becoming a disciple. Not a missionary, or a christian, but a disciple of Jesus Christ. Its something that I will work on my entire life but for now i can decide what kind of person that i am going to be. Will i have integrity? will i be converted when i need to be? will i be ready to be called on at any time? Will i stay motivated because I love God or i love praise? we have talked about these questions and others MY ENTIRE MISSION. it never ends and never will. Its the one goal i have for the future i know for sure im going to have to work on my entire life. 

I wont talk a ton about it because if you look almost every talk in Conference mentioned being a disciple. the one thing that i have really been trying to understand and i have been working on is remembering, As we strive to be a disciple our race is against no one else other then our own selves.  

Two) Everyday We say in this mission. "We are Steadfast in Christ!" we talk about how it might not be the coolest thing. It might be hard, and most likely we will have many failures along our way, but we always remember we are Steadfast. No matter what happens I strive to stick true to Jesus Christ. There is no easy way to be Steadfast. You take all that is put on you and embrace it. trust that as we are faithful to God He will be faithful to us. Also we strive as it ways in 2nd Nephi 31:20 we Love God and Love Man. Really the best way to describe the culture here in this mission is if you listened to Elder Hollands Talk, He but our mission into words, a lot of Scriptures and lot of sayings we all strive to keep. 

I would ask all y'all to join with me in "seeking so to" be good. Keep trying, get up and remain Steadfast in Jesus Christ. He loves us! Hes not someone out to catch us breaking the commandments but someone out to help us learn, the same way a father does not get mad at a Child for falling down when trying to walk. Keep going with me, We are only asked to try our best! Ima get off my soap-box but I loved conference also a lot of talks are things i hold very close to me as i have learned them on my mission. All about trying to be a "Disciple of Jesus Christ, and being Steadfast In HIm also"

I love y'all keep at IT!!!
Elder Landon ALdana!

No comments:

Post a Comment