Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Transfers! 

It's that time of the month again... and from what we know, Elder Henrie is going to be moving and ill be staying here for who knows how long. The two of us has really enjoyed the time that we were able to spend with each other, even if it was for only 6 weeks... :( but there has been a few things that really stuck out to me this week as we were going around. 

One came this week as we were going around, doing our thing.. talking with everyone! hah, but I wanted to something new. We get asked for money... alot.... and we play it off all the time, but were in a gas station this time. This man came up asking for money, trying to take the time to teach, I respond to him. "silver and gold we have not.." (quote from acts, when peter heals a crippled man) thinking that I was clever, but then I remembered were in the south. To what he responds "but what I have I give you", Finishing the scripture. Once again reminding me that the people here are really sharp. 

but more then that, It reminded me of a good representation of the south. As we go about our day here, we get Pamphlets, Cards, Invitations, Bashes, and all other sorts of goodies. here we are interlocked in a battle for "TRUTH" people like to say down here... truth about the scriptures, God, Jesus. I am always amazed at just how well versed people are down here. That there are a ton of people down here who really are trying their best, to be their best. It's very nice, I don't really remember much about back home but I don't ever really remember people talking about the Bible at the store. It's hard for me to see people Praying in the stores, hanging crosses, scriptures every where. 

Theres nothing quite like Alabama, it's very refreshing to me to know that even thou we all don't really agree with each other. If there was every a problem around, people most of the time look out for one another!

I Love alabama, love the people, love the food. not much to complain about!!
Love y'all lots!!
Landon Aldana!

No comments:

Post a Comment