Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, August 29, 2016

heelo! 

No, I have not decided on a time to come home yet... My plan/hope is that as we get closer to Christmas I would really enjoy coming home a little before Christmas, more mid December time frame. The problem with that is that it's right in the middle of a transfer, so I don't know if i'll be able to swing it. Im'a try thou!

this week one thing we did that was really fun was head town the road a little bit and there is a collage here called Montevallo. One of our ideas to find more people has been to go on campus and talk to a lot of the young adults over there. We invited the other Elders down the road from us and went all around a very small campus trying different ways to start up conversations and teach a little bit around Jesus Christ. What was really sad to me just how similar just about every single one of them was, 

They grew up in a church back from there home town. Left home to come to school, and ended up getting over the whole church thing. It was amazing to me to see how much people semi wanted to know a little more, but not really enough to do anything about it. It's really scary for me to talk to a lot of the people our age over there, and have a ton of our same likes and interests, but when God comes into the picture. I feel like people just get board, there sick of feeling guilty about doing things they know they should not be doing so they throw in the towel and call it quits. 

for real talk, It's sad to see. It also does not help that I feel like i'm in super monk mode right now.... If someone does not pray when we got out to eat, i'm like.... "wait.... we didn't pray!" and then everyone forgets that were missionary and do weird stuff like that..! I think that's going to be something different too. out here it's cool to just start praying in the middle of Walmart! not just because were missionary either! people ask us is they can pray with us, it's really nice and im going to miss it! 

well I love y'all!! I'll for sure keep you informed if anything crazy happens!!

P.S. if anyone is wondering, we are not allowed to go over to Louisianan to help... Just as an FWI before anyone asks...

Love!
Elder Landon Aldana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment