Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, August 22, 2016

YAY!!! got a birthday package, Thanks so much for all of the good candies! I think im'a be sick the next few days but its always worth it!

sounds like life has been going great over there, over then people falling apart, and braking! haha, I know it's been a little crazy over here with all of the flooding in L.A. the church over here has been asking for a lot of volunteers, unfortunately we as missionarys are not able to go and help from here in Alabama, Our mission at least. Other then that, I must say nothing really crazy has happend. Life is moving on it it's own way, and were still thinking of new and better ways to talk with people. 

One thing that happend this week I thought was a hoot. We, (Collumbiana Elders and Us) were looking for a new board game to play on Mondays. When we had a little extra time and wanted to do something fun. As were looking around town I had seen this store I thought might have some board games. The store was called Press Start. the worst part about it was that it had no board games, but!

what it was, was any gamer kids dream man cave! (place by the devil himself just for me....) as we walked in It was a video game store but it was also a huge video game part place. as you walk in theres this dark room half way into the store. Where you would find 4 rows of 8 computers back to back with all the games you could think of. A huge projector with 4 different game consoles hooked up to it. About every game device you could think of and any game you could was in this black light, big chair, music blasting man cave. One might say I was a little blown away. 

what the place would do is charge 10 dollars and you could play all day, on anything you want. We walked it, took a 30 second loop around to take a peek, and I said. "I'm outa here!" haha, I was one really into everything, which really made we want to get out of there because its the last thing i need on my mind. After Leaving thou I thought about how cool we were. We are 4 19/20 year old kids, living there lives as monks... and yet we were super happy! It reminded me of everything that I left behind and that it was still there. that it was still the most entertaining waist of time that I don't really need. 

I think too much we think we need something to be happy. This week I was reminded you can have just about nothing that makes you "happy" to the world, and yet still be "happy!!" thanks to the knowledge we have here from the scriptures. I love this mission! and I love all y'all!!

Elder Landon Aldana!

No comments:

Post a Comment