Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, August 8, 2016

A series of not so unfortunate events...

It's been a great week over-all, Nothing really crazy happened this week haha! only the perpetual grind of missionary work! for all intensive purposes thou, It was a different week. we started out the week with Zone Training, there was a lot of things we talked about. One of the biggest things was about being you! something that I have really grown to love. That all of us are called here to be us, no one here was brought to Alabama to be someone their not, but to be ourselves and to see the people we connect with. Something that I believe at least! 

Today we learned of a missionary who recently finished his mission and went home, only to hear today that he was killed in an car crash. I did not know him very well, but we had talked several times before he went home, my heart weeps for this family. I think of his dreams, his ideas, his influence we never really felt, and then my thoughts turn to myself and other and I can't help but think how often we take for granted this time we have to be here. I feel we sometimes come to think that worlds too big for us to have dreams. that we limit ourselves to what we can we and not what we believe. 

I thank God that each of us is here for out time. A time to grow, to learn, to experience and to help others. This week all I have to say is that we should remember God lets all of us stay here together, we should be looking to life everyone to there dreams. We should take the time to help lift others and build each other, It's not a race were in against each other. It's a war that we are all fighting together! It's our job to help those who are in a though spot. I think about this missionarys family, and how many others are just like theirs. each with their own unique trials and tribulations. 

Please please please, take the time to do the important things here in life. It's too short to let someone go threw life unloved, unthanked, unthought of. I would hope that everyone reading this takes the time this week to enjoy the moments of the day. To listen to the birds, notice the flowers, everything that God gave us to enjoy. To remember that we are not the main character in the play of life, but we have out own parts and our own time. 

I love y'all hope you stay cool as well!! 

Elder Landon Aldana!

And some new picutures:




No comments:

Post a Comment