Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

For this last week I wanted to write down my testimony for my future self, but I'm way to lazy to write it down so i'll type it. Everyone who sees this just gets lucky! :) So i'ma just drive in.

First thing, I believe in a loving God. A Father in heaven, not some lightning bolt Zeus trying to catch us everytime we mess up. A God who cares about me enough to help me be better. Who always looks to build and mold me into something better. Something better for him to use me to bless others. 

I believe that God gave us truth. He does not want us to argue and fight about what is truth and what is not. I believe there is a lot of good in the world. That a lot of people have a lot of good things in there churches and there beliefs, but that only one gives us full access back to God. Only one is the fullness. I think a lot of churches are very close but most people are do not fully believe there own church. Someone told me yesterday, "If everyone just read and believed there own books, the world would be paradise."

I believe in hard work, nothing good ever game without hard work. Either from the past or the present something has to be put in if we want something good back. Whether religion, school, or relationships, we have to work at it if we want something to happen. I know that because of the I can to hard things as well. I hope to be able to do all things. 

I've come to believe that we are all not so different. That if we hope to survive in the world and help make it a better place we need to stop looking at the differences and start looking at what we have in common. we need to learn to respect and support differences. "If God wanted us all to be the same, He would have made us the same." 

I've come to love giving up what I want, for something others want. That we are our happiest when we do something for others. Whether it's service in the form of literally helping them, or just listening. Putting others before myself has never left me unsatisfied. 

I know that I'm far from perfect. That God does not intend that we learn everything here in this life. He hopes that we learn from what we can and push ourselves to be the best that we can be, and then to feel we really are doing our best even when we fall. I know Gods grace is sufficient! To mold us into whatever we need to be. Not only to help us repent, but to do anything. "All men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" He still wants us to come back thou. 

I believe we should do our best to be ready whenever God calls on us, but that if we do not feel ready when we are called, that we are always ready if we are willing to try. "whom he calls, he qualifies." 

Last I believe if nothing else about the gospel is true, Loving God and Loving Others is the two most important things in the world we can do. That if we can do nothing else in this life but those two things we will be so much happier in this life, and so much better in the world to come! 

I love my Father in heaven! I love the blessings of this gospel, and the small chance that I have had to help be apart of this great work! 

Elder Landon Aldana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment