Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, December 19, 2016

It's been a great week! I'm sure I say that same thing every week but I just don't even know where to start. Really I just don't really understand how to put everything into words. I'll try for a little bit. 

Because I'm going to be calling y'all next week you can expect that you're going to get a little bit of a cheese letter this week. Other then potentially freezing to death it's been quite the ride this week. during the week we had a very large Christmas party in the mission. I was able to do a great little magic trick and have once again sealed my name as "that Elder that does magic..." but the best part by far was that we watched a movie as a mission. We watched the movie Zootopia? (I think thats how you spell it) Such a funny movie. Only down here could you really appreciate a line in that movie, It almost took all of us to our feet. 

at one point the main bunny is talking really really fast and runs off. There is more of a country bunny and he says to the parents of the main bunny. "Y'all didn't catch a word of that either? that makes me feel better I was thinking we was speaking in tongues of something" SOOOO!! funny, I would guess most everyone reading this has not had the chance to have someone start speaking in tongues to ya but it's a trip. 

later in the week another highlight was that Elder Ogden and I went to a Islamic Potluck! there is a fairly large Islamic center just a stones throw from our church that we semi-invited ourselves over too. I was so amazed at the kindness and reverence that was felt with them. We talked a little bit with someone similar to a pastor for a little bit about beliefs and tried to better understand one another. From what we left with both of us really just want to be better understood. They invited us back to give a presentation of what Mormons believe and we joined them for a service later that night. 

It always amazes me how alike all of us religions are. All of us are seeking a better relationship with our creator, seeking to be better people. I love how many blessings and opportunities come from being where I feel we can reach the closest back to God. I love the south and how different we are, but how similar we are at the same time. 

Love all y'all lots!! 

Elder Landon Aldana!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment