Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, March 30, 2015

I'm in the right place

So this week was different, but first off did a Reverent Beane call you? He is a fellow that we’re friends with and have helped out a little bit and he was like, "WHATS YOUR MOMS NUMBER, I want to call her and talk with her" so I gave him the house phone :) he’s super funny. He’s 87 so if he sounds like he can’t hear you he probably can’t.

So this week we went to a Pentecostal church on Friday. It was something else, it was for Easter and I was just sitting there with my companion like.... we’re not in a Mormon church anymore... haha it was interesting, something that I’ve never been able to go to but it was fun and interesting. I don’t think that I’m going to be going to another one but it was fun to go and sit with the founder of the church and be good friends with him.

I think that this week has been one of the weeks that I have felt the strongest that I was in the right place. So this week was like a super hard week for me, not in a work way but in a way that I was feeling. So this week there were about 2 people that we were teaching that lost their jobs, and one of those 2 found out her son might have Asperger’s. One family we are teaching just found out that their father was in the hospital. It was just like a hard week on a lot of people and for the first time I think that I’ve started to see how God feels for us.
For the longest time down here I think that I’ve always done my best to just love the people no matter what. I’ve tried to think that no matter what the person says to me that I would try and love them as much as I love my family. And this week I feel like I felt the pain of everyone. We have been focused a lot on Jesus this week being that’s its Easter and all, but for the first time in a long time I just sat down and we watched a video about Jesus and everything that he has done for us.

He’s the comforter, the shepherd, our savior. He feels EVERYTHING that we feel. This week I felt like I was right with the people that were going through hard times in their life. I felt so hopeless, that I wanted to do everything that I could for them but I could not do anything with them, I was one of the first times that I just felt sad and kind of beat down. I can’t say how I felt but it was like thinking about someone that I loved more than anything, like mom or dad. And watching them go through one of the hardest times in their life. And just having to sit there and watch.

It tore me to shreds. All this time I’ve been having a great time out here talking with people and getting to know them better and making friends with soooo many people. And then this week just going around and seeing all of these bad things happen to them. It’s something that I never thought was going to happen. It was one of the first times that I was thinking to myself, WAIT, there is something that I can do for them.

Last week was one of the first times that I just got down on my knees and I just cryed to God that everything that was going wrong for these people, my friends, that it would work out in the end. I’ve always thought of  people to pray for when I’m asked to, but this was different. It was like was praying about the person that I loved the most. I didn’t just pray not thinking that anything was going to happen. It was one of the first times that I was thinking, I can’t do anything, and I know that you are the only person that is going to be able to help these people. Please help them! And it was the only thing that I could do for them.

Just yesterday I was able to talk with one of the lady’s that had lost her job. She’s having a hard time this week just doing all sorts of things but she got a job and is able to work, so she’s not just right back to being happy and normal, but everything is going to work out for her. I just can’t even write how weird that it is. It’s like doing something for the first time that you have done before, but this time it works and you are able to help out even if you were not there helping.

Anyway prayer works.  It’s what keeps me going out here all the time. It stinks to think that if I had learned how to pray for reals before I left that it would have helped out sooooo much.:) I’m glad that I was able to learn for myself all that I can do with prayer. I don’t think that I could have learned any other way other than by doing it out of love for the people that are down here. I LOVE ALABAMA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment