Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

This week has been a good week!

HEY FAMILYIA

So this week has been a good week I think for the most part. I don’t really remember what all happened this week, but I just know that it was a good week. As far as the ukulele I have started playing it a little bit, only on p-pays and when we get home and from like 9:40 to 10:10 I'll play it for a little. But I’ve enjoyed it so much haha. And I totally forgot but the bike works perfect!!!!, one question I was thinking about it because everyone has been talking about video games and such, hey pap, did you ever get to sell my computer? I was just wondering because I never really heard what all happened to it haha

But this week has been a super good week. We have been teaching this lady for about 6 weeks now, and she’s doing like SUPER GOOD, but almost like too good. She does soooo much reading and because of that I think that she’s learning more about the church like what she likes and such more than about how she feels. Last week she was digging in super hard into the church and like started watching the temple video online. And after a few minutes into it she realised that it wasn’t something to be like looked up on the Internet so we had a TON OF QUESTIONS. 

It was something else that I had not really expected to happen because she gets a book about the church and just like gobbles it up and has a lot of questions and such but she has been thinking a TON about baptism. when she talks about the church she always says "MY" church and like in "OUR" church, so she says she’s lost a lot of sleep over trying to make a decision but it’s good that she’s not just jumping in face first, and getting burnt but is thinking about it and really thinking about what she’s doing. She’s come to church about 5 times now so we have high hopes that she will come around some time. 

Well this week we were tracking in a pooooodunkkkkk place called Shelby. I think there’s like 10 people that live in the 10 mile city..... Anyway, were just puttputting along the road on our bikes and we decided to stop by this house where this fellow is rocking out to the old rocks songs like queen and such. So we walk over to the door and we're like HELLOOOOOO, and he kind of half yells back half stumbles over to this hole in the wall you could call a door. And he’s like OMGGGGG missionary’s come in come in. Sooooo we came on in and started talking with him. He’s got his vodka on the table with his bud light in his hand and something else in a glass on the table next to the vodka and he’s like "how’s it going". So we started talking with him, but the only problem is in the south, if you heard Boyd k packers talk on Saturday, everyone kind of sounds like that. So it takes you about 5 minutes of talking with them to figure out what there trying to say to you. But this fellow is super nice & we talked about all sorts of Jesus related topics and got him to pray with us. Super cool experience. 

After that we were able to go and watch conference later in the week and it was a super good conference I felt like, the only problem that I had with it is that I felt that it was talking soooo much about getting married and such, which kind of stinks because I got a little ways to think about that haha. But other than that I really liked it. One of my favorite talks was by Elder Bednar on fear. I just feel like any time that Elder Bednar talks he is always down to earth and is talking about a problem that the world is having at that time and I think that fear has been super big at this time in the world. 

It's transfers this week. I really really really don’t want to go but I'm getting the feeling that I’m going. It stinks super bad but deep down I just feel like I’ve met the people that I’ve needed to here, like I could stay here for the next 2 years and be just fine but I feel like I’ve been able to talk with a lot of people and get to know a lot of people, I hope that I can stay and see so many more people, there’s so much here that I haven’t got to go to because the area is just HUGE, but we’ll see. You might get a sad/half mad letter home next week or a super pumped and ready to go out letter.

LOVE y'all hope your safe

ELder Aldana

No comments:

Post a Comment