Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

How's Luna?

HEY FAMILY. How’s Luna? I was just telling my new companion Elder Anderson all about our family and such and having a good old time. It sounds like everything is just super quiet over there. Nothing too fun is going on I guess. As far as sending me anything like a gift card. There’s really nothing to eat out here haha. We have a Hardy’s ( Carls Jr.) and a subway. So we try and eat at the house or at a member’s house if we can. The only thing that I would really like to get is a ukulele song book just like a ton of songs that I would be able to practice and play when we get bored on P-day.

Camden might look about the same size as Columbiana, but we just have about 1/5 of the area that we had in Columbiana. When I was there we had 5 cities that we were supposed to be working with. Here it’s only Camden. And its tiny haha. But its super fun I’m loving it. It’s a 50 miles drive to the closest Wal-Mart, that's kind of an idea of what it’s like here. We were able to have out interviews with President Hanks with week and it was super great. He was like I felt like you were supposed to go there because we need that branch to be re-activated and we need the people of Camden to get a good opinion of the missionary’s again. so he have just been trying to do as much service that we could do and also trying to see as many people in the branch that we can.

Its different there is only about 10 people that come to church with us now and there all like just one big family so it’s kind of weird haha. That’s the thing about small cities is that EVERYONE IS RELATED... WEIRD. One of the people that I was talking with is like it stinks living here, when you want to ask someone out you ask for their name and if you're kin. Haha I didn’t even think that you would need to worry about something like that but I guess that you do if you’re in something that's this small.

It’s been a super different feeling out here. It’s like 70% black population but like a lot of people around here are still kind of racist. So it’s different. You have to like be careful where you’re going and stuff and like people just drive around with confederate flags on their car all the time. It’s different. But it’s a good different, this week has just been super long and like just trying to get someone started, me and my new Companion Elder Anderson got in at the same time so we both have no idea what’s going on.

This week were going to be trying really hard to get with the branch and try and re-active one person or get one person to come to church. I think that we can do it because the people that I've been talking with seem super nice just like a bit lazy so I think that if we can get them to get excited about coming to church again and not worry so much about the people at church it’s going to be super good.

That’s one of the biggest problems down here is that a lot of people are like puritans. like if you screw up its straight to hell with you.... so when people come smelling like smoke of have a tattoo its super like intense and kind of scary to be around, I keep feeling like someone’s about to jump up and start yelling in the sacrament. But anyway I’m doing good just enjoying the small town... as much as I can ha-ha.

LOVE YOU LOTS
ELder LANDON ALdana

No comments:

Post a Comment