Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Sunday, April 12, 2015

To Bishop Larsen-

Hey Bishop Larson, I hope that you’re doing good. I was just thinking about little old Mapleton 3rd ward and was thinking about everyone back home and how I should write to the old class it I could haha.

    But this week I was thinking a lot about preparing whatever is next in life. I don't know if y'all knew or not but coming out on a mission I had not read the Bible, Book of Mormon, D.C., or the Perl of Great Price. So coming out I've read NOTHING ON MY OWN!!!!! ;) You could say that I was prepared the least. I was thinking about my friends how some have put a good influence on my life and some have not. When I look back from where I was, an 18 year old working 40/80 hours a week playing video-games every waking moment, and only talking with family and other when I had to eat or go to the bathroom. Before I came out I thought that church was just church, I didn't need it, same with seminary. Little by little I had cut myself off from receiving revelation from God and guidance in what I needed to do. These last 3 months have been the HARDEST SLAP in the face I've gotten in a long time. I thought I was strong, I've worked 80 hours a week, but I had never studied the scriptures in my life. I thought that I would be able to go on a mission and come back and get right back into my half active (probably inactive) old self and enjoy what life had to give me.

    I would give you one piece of advice from a friend to another. PRAY EVERY DAY! Reading the scriptures is important; going to church is good, it’s all important. But before I left on my mission I don't think that I had ever prayed for reals. I hadn't ever gotten on my knees, cried out to my Heavenly Father and said, I TIRED, I'M SICK OF THIS, I'M DONE! And just laid there. I would ask you as you prepare for anything in this life that you would pray, pray with REAL INTENT. Real intent is where you plan on action on the answer that you get. I can’t say that I've got to see Jesus and the Father here but I've been able to see as I pray how much more I've noticed in my life. Not just on a mission but everything that's happened to me. I hope you all think about going on missions, not just for the church. But to save your old lives. I'm still the happy, dorky, video game nerd I was, but I have way more hope on where I'm going in like other than worrying about what’s going to happen in life.

Hope that you all are doing good bishop Larson, keep them kiddies coming to church and in the right place.

Thanks for everything y'all have done for me

ELder ALdana

No comments:

Post a Comment