Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, April 13, 2015

This week has been pretty good I guess

Well I guess to start off this week has been pretty good I guess. I’m getting transferred so that’s something that I’m not looking forward to, but I’m super good friends with one of the AP's and he was saying that I was going to love my new companion and that he was a good bit younger than me. Sooo that’s something different haha. As far as me and Curtis we get along good I guess. He was going to BYU before he came out so we don’t really have anything in common, so most the time we just make weird noises with each other and give each other weird looks. 

It’s good to hear that everything is working over on that side of the world. One of the sisters in my zone is going home this transfer so she’s like going crazy from trying to pack going home and also just leaving this area, so also I guess I should tell you a little about my knee because I might have to go home because of it. I don’t remember what it called but my knee cap is rubbing on like the bottom of my knee I’ll send you what it’s called next week. but I’ve been taking 8 ibuprofen, a day for like the last 4 weeks and nothing has been getting better so I’m emailing the doctor to see what he wants me to do next. But other than that this week has been good I guess haha.

We have been doing a lot of tracking and then I found out that I am for sure getting transferred so I’ll have to send you my new address this week on Wednesday. I’m like sort of excited but then at the same time I’m kind of sad because I have been able to meet so many people this week. It’s just been super slow this week so nothing super interesting has happened this week. I guess there was this lady that I had met a few weeks ago and we were thinking that her son that we had met really wanted to talk with us so we had gone back a few times to try and catch him. 

This went on for like 2 visits but yesterday we were thinking of something to do so we decided that we were going to try and visit him one more time before I leave and so Curtis could get his address. So we pull up and we go over to knock on the door and no one is home so as were walking away from the door someone pulls up in the driveway. So we go over to talk to her and she’s just looks at us and is like, "I’m sorry y'all need to go buy a King James bible because you're lost" seeing that she knew nothing..... Of the Mormons we then tried to explain like we do to everyone down here that we DO use the bible. She then understood that and told us that we need to study it much more because we obviously did not understand it. 

Seeing that she had no desire or care to talk with us about anything we simply thanked her asked her if there was anything that we could do for her and walked away. That’s kind of how this whole week has been going so it’s not really anything that’s worth writing about.... but ya like I said, most of the people are nice, the weather is getting hot, my bike works super well. As far as the food we don’t really get fed at all so we have to do all our shopping. I’ve lost like 10 pounds because we never have any food, and we don’t have the money to go out and eat, so we just end up eating cheap or easy to make food like bean dip, eggs, and such. 

I’m just super tired this week so sorry for a little letter but I hope that everything works out with Isaac and the job, y'all will have to say hi to all the work guys for me. I found this hat at the house that says something like JESUS IS MY BOSS. I was going to send it home to give to COLE at work.  I think that he would find it funny haha.  Hope y'all are not missing me tooo much haha.

LOVE Y'ALL 

Elder Aldana

No comments:

Post a Comment