Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I've really been thinking about differences this last week

hmmmm.... I have no clue where a good place to send a package would be, Give me a week and I'll get you an address you can send one to! Y'all can send it to the address I'll give ya next week.

This week I've had a thought on my mind I don't normal get. I've really been thinking about differences this last week! one of the big reasons why is that Elder Messerly and I are like 100% different, Not a fiber in us is even remotely close to each other haha!! If I like squares, He likes circles. If I like vanilla, he likes chocolate. With so many different opinions on a variety of different things related to missionary work, we tend to clash heads quite a bit. I have a few different thoughts on this. 

Half of me says.... Hes been out 3 months, Most of the 3 month people i know are such fools haha!! (not in a mean way, we're all just figuring things out still.) 

The other half of me really tries to give him the benefit of the doubt, trying out his ideas and ways he likes to work. Even when I think it might be a waist of time, or a poor idea. I try and let him/me see if it really is not the best.

We tend to talk... A LOT, and really try and give and take from each other. I think that what I have come to recently is that we are not going to change each other! Just like any other argument, they both are needed in our lives. We all are able to voice what we think is the best. Just like I don't / won't let anyone make a choice for me. I also can't think I could do the same to others! And so... we agree to disagree, we both stand for things that are basic to missionary work. studies, getting up, talking with people, But our ways we go about it we can put our own opinions to the test. 

A wise man here once said. "You can be right, or you can be happy!" I think I've started to understand that a little bit better. Sometimes it might have been better to shoot down a crazy idea, and sometimes we should try it. The big thing that I have learned this week is that you have to really respect each other, and do things that make each other happy. You might not be the most effective ever!! but you sure might be the happiest ever!! 

So we can disagree on things, stand up for our opinions, but we also have to respect others just as much!!

I love you! as always!!
Elder Landon Aldana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment