Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Would an idiot do that?

HOT!!!

Well, i'll tell you what! it's getting hot down here haha, all of the rain is great and all to cool us down for a little bit, BUT the worst part is that after all of the rain has come down then we get to be steamed for a little bit! It's going to be a dig diffrent I think going back to something less humid I might turn into a alligator! And those things are scary.... trust me haha!!

It's been a great week thou, we have been able to see a lot of different people. The other day we met someone who's house had been broken into and he was very upset about it. when we were talking with him hes like, I hope it wasn't y'all or i would shoot ya, and then pulled his gun out to show us.... The whole time I'm sitting there thinking in my head, (PLEASE DON"T SHOOT US!!!!) but of course you can't do that as a missionary, so a simple. "na man....... was'nt us" was sufficient for him to believe us, our white shirt and ties also helped out a good bit haha. 

I think that's one thing I have really grown to love down here, a lot of missionarys always wish they could go out in normal cloths, "more people would talk to us" "Right???" I think people might, but their is a huge presence you have when you walk around In the same cloths that others before you have walked around in for years! for one, those who really don't like Mormons wont even give you the time of day, so you don't got to worry about them. another thing is that everyone knows who you are... or knows your Christian. (we are very commonly confused for the Jehovah Witness) but In the end they know all you are there to do is be chill and talk about Jesus? 

Their is also a lot that you have to be careful about, If someone who was a missionary a while about was not the best of a missionary, everyone remembers it. It's something that is a love hate relationship. I love it because even when I really want to do something I know we should'nt or something we should'nt do comes up. I remember everyone will know it was the missionary for years to come, I remind myself of 2 of my new favorite quotes we all learn out here....

1) "Before I do anything I ask myself, Would an Idiot do that? If the answer is yes, I do not do that thing"

and 

2) Someone is watching thats a fact,
Someone will copy the way your act,
So take this poem and put it to use,
And be someones example and not their excuse!

I've really loved being a missionary so far, everything about from the way we dress to the things we do, Everything has power behind it. It reminds me how little and yet how large of an impact I have!!

Know we all love y'all and pray for you as you pray for us!!
Elder Landon Aldana!

No comments:

Post a Comment