Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, October 3, 2016

Hello! 

I'm glad to hear that everyone is staying busy and having a good ol time, I know we have been very busy over here as well. We {Elder Purcell and I} have been having a blast together this transfer doing a lot of different things and having a good ol time! playing basket-ball, and meeting with different pastors I've reminded myself just how much I love Alabama! I've really enjoyed just about everything here, other then a few things that are a little extreme. Food, Culture, Religion, theres a whole lot of everything! Something interesting happened this week..

It thought that sparked from a Christian song that was playing in the background the other day. I say background because just about everywhere you go you're going to be listening to some sort of Christian music. If you're in McDonalds or Wallmart, someone is listening to Christian rock. so much so they even started a church.....but the thing that took my attention was the chorus!

But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching? Why aren't His hands healing? Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body Why aren't His feet going? Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way  

I could not help to think about US! as the body of Christ (1st Cor 12:27) I think that all these apply to us! are we reaching out? helping others? teaching? Helping people see there is a more perfect way? 
It's been very interesting down here with all of the different religious that all claim to be the true one, but very few come close to be able to do all of those things I talked about. It's hard to teach about something you don't know. These last few weeks we have encountered several people with very strong anti Mormon beliefs. Many things that did not make much sense. 

The more I talk with people the more I think about our job to very respectfully help others see as Apollos did (Acts 18:24-26) "the way of God more Perfectly."  so that they may "mightily convince the {other southerners} shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ" the south is full of very strong spiritual people, who although may have bad feelings towards the church now may one day join us!

enough of this preaching thou!! if anyone bothers to read it anyway! :D better yet if it makes any sense, does in my head! 
were having a ball! God bless Alabama and the people in it as he already does! 
Love all y'all!!
Elder Landon Aldana

No comments:

Post a Comment