Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, November 7, 2016

Dear People!

Thats super cool to hear about all of the volunteers that help clean up! It reminds me a little bit of our week. I made a commitment this last week that I was going to try and tell a little bit more stories about what we do during the week. Not enough to leave you with a book to read, but a little bit more then the basics. Lets be real, missionary work does not change much! sort of.... BUT!! Elder Purcell and I were out on our bikes the other day. We have been thinking of ways that we can go around looking for service, one of those ways is raking up leaves. Our problem is how to carry our rakes.... Do we put them in our car and pull up like "Hey.... were hear to rake you're leaves..." and someone would shoot us because that's really weird around here. Our other thought was that we might find some way to strap them on out back and ride our bikes.... that's about as far as that idea went. 

lucky for us thou, god was able to provide us a way... because of the weird late fall we have been having just now people are starting to get around to raking there yards. The other day we found just a lady! she was very nice and when we pulled up into her yard on our bikes and asked for an extra rake she was more then willing to help us with that. This is where it gets great.... After working and talking for a little bit I asked it I could use their bathroom. As I was getting ready to leave the bathroom, lo and behold the phone jumps out of my shirt pocket into the toliet.... .. 

after contemplating what just happened I took immediate action, drying the phone off and to my disappointment it turned on, only to give me the white screen of death. To give you a better idea of the gravity of this situation, I have previously as in like 20 days ago broke a phone as well almost the exact same way. Only that time it jumped out of my pocket and died on the pavement. I'm now left with this white out phone in some random persons bathroom, a good 20 minute bike ride from the house, and to top it off I have to get tell Elder Purcell without looking like a total fool in front of the other people at the house. Literally the worst hour of the week for sure. It tops getting called the Anti-Christ by some random dude in the country, or a few other equal stories I wont mention while I'm out here. 

All In all, It was a great time thou. The family we helped Is going to have us back, and were going to have pecan pie! Elder Purcell and I are still best friends even after a blow like our phone almost breaking. We did save the phone by some immediate (RPT) "Rice Phone Therapy) the right side of him is still a little broke but he still works!! I love this place here. The ward, the people, Football! God loves our righteous desires and wants to grant them to us! 

I Love y'all so much! 

Elder Landon Aldana!

No comments:

Post a Comment