Write Landon a Letter

landon.aldana@myldsmail.net

Address:
Elder Landon Aldana
741 Plummer Road (appt 1503)
Hunstville Al, 35806

Monday, November 28, 2016

Hello!

Well, I guess y'all have heard from someone by now that I'm going to be leaving back up to Huntsville, but if you haven't SURPRISE! 

I must say, It's been really hard to think about leaving here. Here in Alabaster I made a commitment, that I wanted everyone that I met to really feel loved. To really feel like we cared about them and that they knew how much we cared about them. To often to I feel like missionaries come on into a town, or city guns blazing, and simply mine the wards and branches for people to teach. I don't think people do it on purpose, but I think sometimes we let people pass us by without taken the chance to really get to know them and really have a great opportunity to make a few friend. Don't worry thou... I still keep good composure in front of people. No tears or too much emotion can be shown haha! 

I just really don't even know what to write about. I feel like most of the stuff that happens to us is kind of lame... or super crazy, and at this point most things just kind of become numb. For example, this week we were out knocking on doors and someone let us in. Elder Purcell and I looked at each other because if someone lets you in here in Alabama you know it's going to be good. Either a great lesson, or there crazy, or there going to try and bible bash you. For our story, we were lucky enough to only meet someone crazy. 

we start talking and everything seems to be going alright, and we start to teach a little bit about prophets leading into teaching the first lesson. At this point we lost total control and the crazy starts to happen. The man we were teaching very much knew who prophets were... Because he was one, he had no clue how, but God had called him these last few months to re write the book of revelations, and then went on to other tangents. The worst part about this is that Elder Purcell and I kind of look at each other, and companion unity mind tell each other its time to abort our mission. So we get up and leave after another few minuets of really trying to be a nice and non offensive as possibly leave.  

what happens and why wanted to tell y'all this is that everywhere I have been. We meet 10 people like this a week, and it's just become the normal. I don't really know how to best describe it, but when you're teaching at some point they say something and it triggers the there crazy alarm in our minds. I'm really just very sad that I am going to leave these people. I just really enjoy it! there's nothing quiet like it, and I don't think i'm going to get much of it back home, but it's the best! 

I'm very excited to be moving, sad to be leaving. love everyone lots!

Elder Landon Aldana!!

P.S. Enjoy the snow!! also remember missionaries are no respecter of door signs!




No comments:

Post a Comment